Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) will be changing October 1, 2018. The new system will be called AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) and will join physical and behavioral health services together to treat all aspects of our members’ health care needs under a chosen health plan. AHCCCS Complete Care encourages more coordination between providers within the same network which can mean better health outcomes for members. Many of your members could be affected and will start receiving letters from AHCCCS.
Here’s what members need to know
Who Does AHCCCS Complete Care Affect?
- Most adults on AHCCCS *
- Most children on AHCCCS *
*With a few exceptions for members who are also eligible for CRS services, AHCCCS Complete Care will not affect: Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) members, members determined to have a Serious Mental Illness, or children in foster care enrolled in the Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP).
- Members will be able to access physical and behavioral healthcare services through a single ACC health plan.
- The health plan choices may change.
What’s Not Changing?
- Members will still have a choice of health plans in their geographic service area.
- Members will have access to the same array of covered services.
- Members will still have access to a network of providers.
- Regional Behavioral Health Authorities (RBHAs) will continue to provide specific crisis services.
- RBHAs will continue to serve members determined to have a Serious Mental Illness, children in foster care, and members served by Department of Economic Services/DDD.
- American Indian members will have the choice of enrolling in an ACC managed care plan or the American Indian Health Program (AIHP) and a Tribal RBHA when available. American Indian members will have the same access to Indian Health Services providers, Tribal 638 providers, and Urban Indian Health providers.
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) plans will remain the same.
What ACC Health Plans will be available?
Beginning October 1, ACC plans will be available in the North, Central and South geographical service areas:
|North GSA (Apache, Coconino, Mohave, Navajo and Yavapai Counties):||Care 1st and Steward Health Choice Arizona|
|Central GSA (Maricopa, Gila and Pinal Counties):||Banner University Family Care, Care 1st, Steward Health Choice Arizona, Arizona Complete Health, Magellan Complete Care, Mercy Care, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan|
|South GSA (Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Pima, Santa Cruz and Yuma Counties):||Banner University Family Care, Arizona Complete Health, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (Pima County only)|
Note: Zip codes 85542, 85192, 85550 (mostly in the San Carlos Tribal area) are included in the South GSA.
What Happens Next?
For more information, be sure to visit Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System’s website.
Comments are closed.